POWERLINK Basics and Slave Development
Organizer: Bernecker + Rainer Industrie Elektronik Ges.m.b.H.
This seminar explains how to implement and connect a POWERLINK slave node using the POWERLINK Slave Development Kit.
- You will get to know the content of the "POWERLINK Slave Development Kit".
- You will learn how to commission a POWERLINK slave reference implementation.
- You will learn the fundamentals of PCB design and how to use the development board.
- You will become familiar with the application interfaces and settings.
- You will learn the structure of a device description file (XDD).
- You will learn how PDO mapping works.
- You will become familiar with various features of POWERLINK slaves.
- You will learn what options are available for testing the POWERLINK connection and how to use the Eclipse development environment for debugging.
To register for a training please click the respective link and register on the organizers website.
Prerequisites and requirements:
"POWERLINK Slave Development and Testing Kit" ordered and received
"Getting Started" documentation contained in "POWERLINK Slave Development and Testing Kit" (MAN_OAT113110_1x_Vxxx - Getting Started.pdf) worked through at least once using the included development board
Previous knowledge in the area of embedded software development
Knowledge of the FPGA toolchain, ideally with a focus on IP cores and embedded software development
Recommended tutorials for the Altera toolchain:
www.altera.com / Training / Courses / Embedded SW Designer / Developing Software for the Nios II
Developing Software for the Nios II Processor (OEMB1128)
Recommended tutorials for the Xilinx toolchain:
www.xilinx.com / Support / Training / Online Training / Embedded Design / Embedded FPGA Design
Embedded Design with the Xilinx Embedded Developer Kit