With the ready-to-use UNIGATE IC POWERLINK, development costs and time-to-market of the final product can be significantly optimized compared with an interface developed by customers themselves.
UNIGATE IC POWERLINK consists of a microcontroller, Flash, RAM, and two Ethernet POWERLINK interfaces including PHYs. The module can be connected via a UART interface to the microcontroller of the terminal device. It is also suitable for stand-alone operation.
An easy-to-learn, self-explaining script language allows for the connection of the all-in-one bus node and the terminal device. Deutschmann’s Protocol Developer is a free tool for generation of the script. It is easy to use and specifically optimized to the bus communication. The programming allows the mapping of complex applications, which cannot be presented via a pure configuration.
PC cards in all formats (PCI, PCI Express, Compact PCI, Low Profile PCI Express, Mini PCI Express, Mini PCI, PC/104, PC/104+, PCMCIA, PMC, PCI 104) for all protocols. The cifX PC card family offers the user a unified standard supporting all Real-Time Ethernet and fieldbus systems for PC-based automation.The entire protocol stack is processed on the PC card. The process data exchange with the host is executed via Dual-Port-Memory or DMA (Direct Memory Access). Thanks to the uniform Hilscher platform strategy, all PC cards use the same drivers and tools, irrespective of protocol and card format. Communication protocols can be changed easily by loading the appropriate firmware. A rotary switch allows a simple and reliable slot assignment of the PCI and PCI Express card types. Moreover, special types are available, e.g. with integrated NVRAM, 2-channel cards or detached network interface.
Hilscher Gesellschaft für Systemautomation mbH
The POWERLINK interface board enables the connection of PC host systems to POWERLINK systems via the PCI bus. The Powerlink functionality runs completely on the FPGA of the interface board.
The interface board can work as a managing node (MN) and controlled node (CN) and has extremely fast response times (< 2µs). The synchronization message (SoC) is transmitted in MN mode with a jitter below 50 ns. The interface provides process data to the host via the PCI bus. The board is able to process large quantities of data from systems with up to 240 CNs. It also supports cycle times down to 650 µs. The board is delivered including a driver for Windows and an API. Adaptation to other operating systems (e.g. RTX or VxWorks) is possible and can be performed by HMS.
Fields of application
- Host interface for PC based control applications (PLC)
- PC interface for analysis, diagnostics and tests
- Gateway for hierarchical Powerlink systems in connection with a control application
IXXAT INpact allows you to connect a PC to any industrial network. The interfaces for PCIe and PCIe Mini are available in two different versions: Firstly, as dedicated versions for each network with pre-installed network protocols, and secondly as a highly flexible and open version to which the desired industrial Ethernet protocol can be flashed. This feature allows easy switching between all available protocols in a quick and cost-efficient manner without any additional costs, even more simplified by the common application interface.
Features of the Powerlink version:
- Supports Ethernet Powerlink V2.0 Communication Profile Specification version 1.2.0 (Controlled Node)
- Integrated hub
- 100 Mbit/s, half duplex operation
- 200 µs cycle time
- Supports ring redundancy
- Customizable identity information
- Supports 1 TPDO and 1 RPDO (each can hold 1490 bytes)
- Up to 57343 ADIs
- Adaptable XDD file included
- Supports segmented SDO transfer
- PollResponse Chaining
- Support for SYNC functionality
- Process data visualization, e.g. within control stations or machines
- Human-Machine-Interfaces (HMI), mobile solutions based on Mini PCIe
- Data acquisition within test benches or test systems
- Measurement and analysis applications
For customers who want to add hard real time POWERLINK communications capability to their Windows/Linux PC based applications, Kalycito offers the MN PCIe reference design.
- MN as PCIe card including HUB with dual RJ45 Ethernet
- Cycle time down to 250us
- Windows 7 PCIe card driver
- API reference manual Console based demo application Linux PCIe card driver API reference manual
- A sample kernel mode application